ECH 2.56% 38.0¢ echelon resources limited

I live on an Island where the same price applies for the feed in...

1. 4,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2241
    I live on an Island where the same price applies for the feed in or feed out tariff .
    Over a year my net bill is very little .
    When the schemes started on the mainland states the feed out tariff for consumers was above the supply price as a carrot to get people to put in the panels , but that did not last very long .
    On site solar panels are a very good power solution as are solar hot water heaters .
    Offshore wind farms and large Solar farms far from where the power is needed are not so good .
    The gas power systems that match best with large solar and wind systems are not the most efficient kinds of gas power stations but their fast start up and shut down means they operate when the wholesale price is very high .
    On a windy and sunny day the wholesale price in some grids can be extremely low .
    The Physics of the generation of power means that Nuclear Power has by far the highest ratio of power produced to power used to produce the power generated .
    The renewables have the lowest ratio for that and electrical vehicles do not do a lot for the CO2 reduction when whole of life cycle of the vehicle is measured .
    Who wants to buy a used EV with a failing end of life battery ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $85.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 39.0¢ 38.0¢ $9.872K 25.98K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.0¢ 42 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.