EQE 0.00% 5.0¢ equus mining limited

News: EQE Equus Mining's Edward Leschke Resigns As Managing Director, page-12

1. 4,403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1471
    LV, Equus are not the first company to move on from one asset to another if they discover potential is not what was originally believed and won’t be the last.
    I’ll go through some points you raised but I need to say all of this information regarding coal came from a geologist that lives near me that had involvement with all the these assets prior to Eqe acquired them.
    The two projects to the north Rubens and Perez are high quality thermal to coking coal quality. Rubens is situated 12km or so from the Argentinean broader where a near new thermal coal power station was built based on local Agri coal supply. This coal is of low quality and supply and can’t sustain the plant. It’s a perfect marriage with Rubens but how do you get coal across the boarder? This is a deal political in nature and one that can not be done on a whim of high coal prices. As far as I know expressions of interest have been sent out a while ago and it’s a wait and see, there is nothing to lose in waiting for the right partner for each of these projects.
    Mina Rinca is a low quality thermal coal project that is of similar quality I believe to Mina Invierno across the water. The perfect marriage here for the resource is with Pecket Mines. In fact it’s the only partner to deal with, it has all the infrastructure there including plant and machinery that is under care and maintenance. I actually made contact with a guy there on FB that was just starting a maintenance job on site.
    I know having asked this question a year ago that ICV that owns the mine was approached and equus were given the short shift because they were a small cap company (in other words who TF are U). ICV wish to sell the assets but so far no one has bought them, the longer this goes on the better chance of a deal for EQE. Lots of things have to align for a deal to eventuate (costs price of coal and reserves amongst them) but if the guys you need to deal with won’t talk to you it becomes a waiting game. The longer it goes on most likely the more desperate they will become. So for the coal it’s the old army motto, “hurry up, and wait”.
    I missed the AGM due to plane delays but I got this afterwards.
    Permitting is complete for the next round of drilling and beyond, Equus are environmentally aware of their obligations and can’t put roads to drill pads or drill without this permitting heaven forbid they hit a fossil.
    So drilling to commence soonest.
    Due the the change in leadership this process was slightly delayed as drill plans are being set by John now not Ted. The overall impression I got was there will be a more aggressive approach across the board, drilling acquisitions and for funding. This next round of drilling is pretty important to extend what they already have and maybe hit a company maker. The stepout under hole 35, I personally am hoping for a good continuation of what was a cracking hole.
    As for other points the delay in assays is how it is, they go to Santiago then if the grade is higher than the lab can handle goes onto Lima. Ted did prefer to group up 5/6 holes at a time and release them together, not many CEOs release one at a time unless it’s the first hole and it hits minerals, as Ted did on hole 1.
    There’s been one sub holding notice I expect another for the chairman after the AGM is now behind us. There won’t be anymore as all participated in the placement so % hasnt altered beyond 1% amongst the bigger holders.
    There are times when I can buy on market, the last time I did I asked if I was able and given clearance too buy, as much as I want too I can’t buy now.
    LV you should call management if you haven’t already and introduce yourself, they are keen on long term investors as the insiders don’t ever sell themselves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.