ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

News: ESS Tianqi Lithium Terminates Plan Of Acquiring Essential Metals, page-99

1. 49 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Thanks paulgf, really useful analysis.

I also read the MIN announcement and came to the same conclusion that an offer sooner rather than later is in MIN's best interest given the increased capacity of the processing plant, but your analysis of the additional complication for MIN with the grade of ore they're producing and how ESS can help makes me even more confident that an offer will come.

My other takeaway which I haven't seen anybody mention yet, is that MIN obviously would have been well aware that this announcement was likely to cause a sharp decline in their share price (~10%).

If MIN do intend to make a scrip offer (which I have long said I think there is a decent chance of), they would not have wanted to have that offer out when their share price takes a big hit.

Given that I agree with you that MIN stand to gain a large benefit by moving sooner rather than later, perhaps what they were waiting on is for this announcement, for their share price to drop and then for it to recover and re-stabilise.

If you want people to take your scrip offer, the last thing you want is to be on the front page of the AFR for a 10% decline in your share price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.