FMG 0.45% $22.10 fortescue ltd

Forrest interview last night was a bloody disaster in my view....

1. 3,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 707
    Forrest interview last night was a bloody disaster in my view. He needs to get a better speaker talking about it over himself.
    Forrest stutters along to much.

Fossil fuels get $14b a year and renewable about $500m a year but he rambles on about how its all unfair when he needs
    to get the facts across better.

He doesn't even mention the CSIRO report on mini nuclear will cost to much over renewables.
    We probably need one nuclear power plant to fuel our nuclear subs in the years ahead and for nuclear medicine
    which is used in all our hospitals.

Forrest rambles on about green hydrogen powering our cities but that won't work either as hydrogen doesn't flow like gas does
    and who is going to change their gas plates to hydrogen plates in their kitchens. No government is going to rip up every road
    there is for hydrogen as it would cost hundreds of billions t o do that.

We will always probably need gas for the next 20 years at least.

The only use for it is to make green steel. It won't be used in cars for very obvious reasons unless you want no water in your dams.
    To get hydrogen they have to get it out of water and not sea water. Its simply would cost more than petrol does now. Not economic at all.

Solid state batteries will be with us by years end and that will be in EV's and they'll be far cheaper.

Meanwhile China and India build new coal power stations each week.
    Just have to live with the fact we can't get off fossil fuels any time soon and have to live with hotter temps and more frequent flooding events.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.10
Change
0.100(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $68.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.99 $22.22 $21.87 $84.79M 3.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9803 $22.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.11 10620 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.