SWP 5.56% 19.0¢ swoop holdings limited

geos,I agree with you. Wait and see how the news keeps coming,...

1. 301 Posts.
    geos,

I agree with you. Wait and see how the news keeps coming, Things can be changed if the motivation is high enough. WMC is under the gun from a hostile takeover offer. WMC Board will look incompetent if WMC is taken over and later this proves to be a major discovery.

I think the first presentations are in Perth Monday. Analysts want the technical details to scrutinise. If satisfied Buy recommendations will go out.

Overseas interest will be sparked by the presence of PGM's.

The following was pretty powerful coming from a conservative WMC senior executive .....

Speaking at the China Mining 2004 WMC executive general manager business strategy and development Michael Nossal said the results coming through from the joint venture project were very rare for Australian nickel sulphide exploration.

"While it's still early days, the drill results to date at Collurabbie suggest we are onto a significant new nickel province," said Nossal.

Diermajer said he was impressed by the PGM values in the results.

"There is potential not only for a nickel mine, but for a platinum mine too," he said.

Falcon director Richard Diermajer said it was likely that WMC would be interested in its 30% stake.

FCN would be in the box seat in any such negotiation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.010(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $39.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 19.0¢ 17.5¢ $20.26K 107.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3296 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 926 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.55pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SWP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.