RBM redbank mines limited

VITALE HAS FINALLY BEEN OUSTED!!!!!???!!!! Yay!!!! & GOOD...

1. 518 Posts.
    VITALE HAS FINALLY BEEN OUSTED!!!!!???!!!! Yay!!!! & GOOD RIDDANCE!!!! GINO WAS FAMOUS FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO SELL A CHOOK IN A FAMINE. .... and here's to my not paying his or Susan Fields' wages any longer! Shareholders rejoice! WOO HOOO!!!!

from .... Dec 22 2008 ....

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,24830938-30538,00.html

this excerpt .....

WHERE others have failed, Michael Kiernan has succeeded. The forceful Perth mining figure, whose latest venture is copper producer Redbank Mines (RBM), managed last week to give the nudge to long-serving MD Gino Vitale.

Back in 2004, some unhappy shareholders of what was then Burdekin Pacific requisitioned successive special meetings to oust Vitale and his close associate Susan Field. Vitale survived but had to concede cuts to what was then considered an overly generous salary package from a company with a share price of a few cents. There was a lot of ill-will all round.

Vitale did manage to switch the company into copper and get a mine going but he must have wondered what the future held when Kiernan's private company bought a large stake.

That answer came on Thursday when it was announced that Vitale was stepping down on New Year's Eve and being replaced by Bruce Morrin -- someone with experience at copper mining. Meanwhile, Kiernan has switched his 19.8 per cent stake to another of his vehicles, the listed Alexanders Securities (ALE). Vitale will take with him the Mt Kasi gold project in Fiji and form a new company. If he can get Mt Kasi back, that is -- the licences expired a year ago and are yet to be renewed. Moreover, Vitale will need to look elsewhere for investors: we are told that Kiernan will not be one of them.

No responsibility taken for this post. Read and digest intelligently, and make up your own mind.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RBM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.