CCM 1.59% 6.2¢ cadoux limited

News: FYI FYI Resources Secures A$80M Equity Financing Facility For HPA Project, page-29

1. 9,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17703
    Thanks SF2TH, I have had a look at this stock a while ago so will have a read of the DFS when I get a chance. In terms of the question, I posted this in the stock I own. I am also mindful that the main use of the main use of halloysite is in the medicinal market (and other traditional markets), but EV growth will certainly have an impact on halloysite (and thus HPA needs btw as well).

Certainly with the growth in EVs there will be a shortfall in HPA, given one of the uses of HPA is as the separator between the cathode and anode in lithium ion batteries. At this stage, given future growth, there is now IMO not enough HPA around to meet the requirements of growth in EVs plus the traditional areas where HPA is used (i.e. LEDs and saphire glass for your mobile phones etc) without new mines coming into production.

"HPA - long term
    ..........the demand projections are there and incoming HPA supply is not there ......... I know I keep going back to this post below, as per even the previous post I made on this thread, but here are is the key comment in that post - even with Alltech coming onstream the supply gap is still very very very large, but the key here is that when ADN moves to HPA it will need to access the market for funding IMO given the significant capex costs associated with HPA (obviously been in a profitable position will make it easier to access debt markets at that time, but obviously ensuring profits have a risen through the short term and medium strategy and meeting targets will make accessing financial markets at that time easier IMO):
    Post #:
    38977735"

On EVs within the embedded post is this:

"Given average passenger vehicle EV battery size is roughly 50 kWh then in effect, I guess ad my assumption only, saying 2kg of HPA per battery (or roughly 0.04 kg per kWh). As a matter of interest EV buses with 160 kWh batteries are stated to require in total 6.4kgof HPA – same page in the above link

Just looking at passenger EVs, HPA need for that sector alone is estimated by me at 30,000 – 44,000 tonnes IMO in 2025, before putting forward any estimates around HPA demand in other EV types like buses, plus the more traditional uses of HPA such as the existing LED and glass sapphire markets (the latter been your screens for your iPhones and smart phones). For batteries, specifically, HPA is an additive to ceramic separators in the batteries, which lie between the anodes and cathodes in a lithium ion battery.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2072/2072258-e083b06047668ef330482f3a9662ab10.jpg
    "

Hope that and the embedded post help.

All IMO

Last edited by Scarpa: 01/04/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.2¢
Change
-0.001(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $22.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.7¢ 6.7¢ 6.2¢ $11.71K 181.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15468 6.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.5¢ 3241 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CCM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.