ETM 0.00% 2.1¢ energy transition minerals ltd

I find it bemusing the number of posters who push the line that...

1. 160 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    I find it bemusing the number of posters who push the line that GGG has to sever all links to Shenghe before it will be looked on favourably by the Government of Greenland.

Of course Shenge has ties to the Chinese Government but that has not stopped it owning a a similar stake in the Mountain Pass Rare Earths Mine in the US without any undue interference from the US Government, its great global rival. China has billions if not trillions invested in the US either in bonds or equities and large US corporations pump out their product to the World from Chinese based factories.

It's just a case of reality prevailing and bad politics not being allowed to get in the way of good business.

To insinuate that the Chinese are no longer welcome in Greenland and GGG must jettison Shenge is just utterly absurd. Shenge is involved with both GGG and Mountain Pass because of their undisputed expertise in the processing of rare earths.

The US Government through EXIM (yes surprise surprise it is directly linked to the US Government) has tentatively agreed to provide investment for the development of IBG's Zinc Mine in Greenland which is a Tier 1 asset. GGG's Rare Earths deposit is also Tier 1 which I'm sure has placed it firmly on the US radar.

To quote journalist Hans van Leeuwen in today's Australia Financial Review "as global warming has opened up the Artic and the fight against it has fuelled surging demand for rare earths, Greenland has found itself in the middle of a geopolitical great game"

He goes on to quote Dwanye Menezes, head of the Polar Research and Policy Initiative in London, who says Greenland is "agnostic about where it receives investment from" but he welcomed EXIM Bank's effort to reduce the rare-earths sector's dependence on Chinese financing. He continued "the world is more resilient when you have two players rather than one providing investment."

Was Menezes just reading the tea leaves regarding EXIM's interest in financing rare earth projects or has he heard whispers in the halls of international finance?

In my honest opinion, I don't think the Greenland Government's recent ban on mining minerals with unharmful traces of Uranium will survive international pressure and GGG will prevail. The ML obviously won't be granted before the end of the year but next year is certainly not out of the question.

I'm sure this post will bring onthe usual barrage of codswallop from GBB, inane "ha ha ha - yeh" posts from Pokemon and you're dreaming posts from Alexandria to name but a few of the anti-GGG trolls.

I say bring it on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.