ETM 0.00% 2.1¢ energy transition minerals ltd

The US Government has just indicated that it is prepared to sink...

1. 160 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    The US Government has just indicated that it is prepared to sink up to USD $657 million into 'one' mine in Greenland that produces Zinc, which was only recently been added to the US list of critical commodities. This is roughly equivalent to the yearly amount that Denmark grants to Greenland for its financial survival.

Rare earths are also very critical to new age economies like the US, and GGG with a Tier 1 asset is undoubtedly of interest to them.

Personally I think that the proposed IBG investment is a game changer and so I don't think that GGG are going anywhere. I'll leave it up to others to surmise if this fragile Coaltion Government will stand up to increasing pressure or even survive its term, but I would add that the US has a long track record of working against, or even changing, governments that don't suit its agenda.

I know that the last comment will set off a barrage of criticism from the 'so-called' concerned' three wise monkeys (GBB, Pokemon & Alexandria) and the anti-uranium lobby about the right of Greenlanders to choose their future without 'outside interference'. But when that future relies on 'outside subsidies' to bolster their economy then I think there is room for sensible disussion of alternative ways.

In my opinion the Uranium restriction of 100 parts per minute (ppm) is not a scientifically based decision based on safety concerns but was purely a cynical political manouever to gain power by the current ruling parties. It was a case of stirring up the nutters and disenfranchised to get out and vote which much like the Brexit decision in the UK just got over the line. The delusional Brits will get to wave their flag but they will no longer be the financial gateway to Europe and its young will no longer be able to work freely in Europe and the country will will suffer acordingly. The British population were sold a pup, but Greenland still has time to reverse a very bad decision based on a local T-Shirt campaign.

We'll just have to see how it plays out over the next few months and years but my bet is on Greenland moving from theoretical mining prospects to actual physical mining including rare earths.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $29.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.0¢ $15.97K 760.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 141837 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 50487 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.