GML 4.00% 2.6¢ gateway mining limited

News: GML Gateway Mining Seeks Trading Halt, page-66

1. 1,206 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    The Japanese and Chinese are the largest holders of US debt. The Japanese are already selling slowly. The Chinese have watched what happened to Russia - they know displeasing Uncle Sam or being accused of some kind of contrived wrongdoing (WMD?!) could result in one's assets being seized. The Chinese are happy to trade with America, but not to fund the constant US deficits. Who can blame them? America has become incredibly decadent. I keep a home in LA, in a very respectable neighbourhood. But there are homeless people everywhere, the smell of urine and marijuana all-pervasive. At the local Starbucks one can see homeless people digging up the trash cans. It's perfectly normal - and this is Beverly Hills! Try other neighbourhoods if you will; I won't. From my limited experience, most young American people refuse to work - so Illegal labourers charge US$250 - $300 a day, twice what they were earning a decade ago. Compare that with say Singapore or Shenzhen/Shanghai, where one feels safe walking anywhere at night and the public transport actually works.....no urine or marijuana odor, even in the worst neighbourhoods. There's no comparison. Why the heck should Japan or China fund US deficits so Uncle Sam can play war-games overseas and tell people they should emulate American 'democracy.'? The USD will no longer be the reserve currency in a decade. Expect the USD to be severely hit. I have never been a gold bug but I see most non-western countries using gold to back their currencies or to trade. That bodes well for gold producers and explorers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GML (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.