IFM 2.84% $1.81 infomedia ltd

News: IFM Infomedia expects to deliver revenue growth of about 12 pct for the year, page-8

1. 126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    No disagreement that numbers are heading the wrong way and the guidance is not a positive in an absolute sense of the company returning to profit growth.

It’s just that by my calcs the guidance in the market since the Half year was around 9.5M – well that’s the number I had scribbled down on the information provided, by that measure this is guidance upgrade.

Not that NPAT guidance without analysis of currency movement, hedging and R&D capitalisation etc etc tells you anything about underlying reality.

Problem is, even if it’s already priced low enough for the reality of its business performance, I suspect it will get smashed on this earnings guidance. Obviously madamswer is no Muppet and his first assessment was a big downgrade, so that’s probably representative of what the market reaction will be.

Why put this practically useless guidance out a few days prior to the conference call where clarification can be sought? What a guessing game......Informed market yer right.
    Last edited by craft: 26/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.