ILU 0.50% $6.03 iluka resources limited

I'd say that amongst weakening market conditions as evidenced by...

1. 244 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    I'd say that amongst weakening market conditions as evidenced by the shutdown of both the kilns (didn't they just start up one of them?) and weaker sales, the share market possibly have concerns about a lack of genuine future reserves (Balranald, Wimmera, Atacama, Southern Western Tutunup cans have been kicked down the road for so long now, will be watching those development announcements closely going forward), Jacinth is winding down, Cataby have no idea, general higher cost of production, and an over-reliance on the future of Eneabba makes the market nervous.

I wonder if the continual news coming out from ILU on the rare earth play ('integrated rare earth refinery', 'metallisation', 'component manufacturing' and 'modern manufacturing' are signs that some consultant or corporate type had a field day) is an attempt at them convincing themselves, or the market they got that right. *sniff sniff*, what does it look like, what does it smell like? Despite the (no free lunch) free loan to pay for it I think people are nervous.

If you had made your exit trades when the SP was at $11.00 plus only a month ago you'd be laughing. 3c dividend not at all exciting either (are my sums right, that's a 0.7% annual yield at $8.5/share, coupled with the other risk factors?). Can get 6% in a bank now.

GLTASH, Ilu has generally been a solid investment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ILU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.03
Change
0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $2.580B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.95 $6.10 $5.93 $8.868M 1.471M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3658 $6.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.04 2486 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ILU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.