IMU 9.26% 5.9¢ imugene limited

News: IMU Imugene Ltd updates on cancer immunotherapy product development, page-16

1. 1,460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 275
    I just wanted to touch on 2 more important points about what Imugene are doing. This relates to them creating a B cell vaccine as opposed to T cell.

HER-Vaxx is a B cell universal vaccine & can be used for all patient types irrespective of their "HLA haplotypes”, an issue which impacts T cell vaccines.

HLA halotypes help regulate and fine tune the immune system.

T cell therapy (Herceptin & Perjeta) is usually restricted to the population with major HLA haplotypes, such as HLA-A24 for the Southeast Asian or HLA-A2 for Caucasian population. In this context, antigen-specific T cell therapy is restrictive to those with major HLA haplotypes but is not beneficial for those with minor HLA haplotypes.

So the others are missing out on the whole market or more importantly some populations are missing out on viable vaccines.

HER-Vaxx is active immunisation and induces immunological memory. Your immune system is enhanced and continues to attack cancer cells if they arise well after therapy.

Herceptin is passive immunisation, and its effectiveness depends upon frequent applications.

There are other standout positives comparing B cell to T cells but I'll let those do their own reserach.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.005(9.26%)
Mkt cap ! $433.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.9¢ 5.4¢ $1.489M 25.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35252 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 1753430 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.