SVM 3.36% 57.5¢ sovereign metals limited

News in Malawi, page-147

1. 6,193 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1536
    Yes I would agree there few pennies - it appears the international election observers present at the recent election were duped or were not allowed fair access.

Anyway I believe these type of countries need major change - only way is to change the system and put in place severe penalties - they need to be independent with governance - elections and such. Put in harsh penalties - 10 year jail terms - problem fixed.
    Obviously it's not that easy in a country that gives the president immunity from any prosecution for corruption and such - that flows through the system - down the chain of command and they are all back slapping - on the take criminals at the expense of the people they use.

At least Chakwera slated a monumental move in the right direction in his election campaign - he would have this "immunity" removed. He also stated he would change the current "first past the post winner" electoral system - which in turn would prevent exactly what is happening here. He made it very clear on corruption. Giant steps forward - if achieved. Muthy - he doesn't want change - just rampant corruption at the expense of the country - electoral system remains the same so he can do exactly what he is doing and of course no one to answer to - he has immunity. It's not just him - previous president Joyce Banda was the same (cashgate, etc) - now someone - Chakwera comes along delivering messages of change for the good of the country - but the old system prevents such.

There are numerous international companies being prevented from actively operating in Malawi - they simply do not know where they stand and are sitting on their collective hands awaiting archaic Mutharika policies.

SOVEREIGN RISK - GOT TO LOVE IT.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.5¢
Change
-0.020(3.36%)
Mkt cap ! $334.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.5¢ 57.5¢ 56.5¢ $9.936K 17.58K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11999 56.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.5¢ 199933 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.