JBH 1.68% $56.29 jb hi-fi limited

"There is a value in a warranty", which you get for free (or...

1. 4,781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2350
    "There is a value in a warranty", which you get for free (or rather, included in the price) under Australian Consumer Law (ACL). Implying to a customer that they must pay for protections they already get is a breach under ACL. This makes extended or enhanced warranties terribly dangerous to sell as an add-on item for a price. The onus is on the business to provide protections that aren't covered by ACL and to clearly identify them.

"as it simplifies the process of claiming when there is a failure of the product", which shouldn't be the case because businesses are not allowed to place obstacles in the way of customers claiming their rights under ACL.

I also hope we win the case, and that we win it because we've done the job properly and ethically.

"Consumer law is ridiculously biased against business". Tell me about it... I work in designing and implementing business processes in one of the most heavily regulated and controlled retail industries in the country. Around 70% of my work is required as a result of some new or changed regulation from state or federal government, from departments, commissions, regulators, or statutory authorities. Often regulations from one source are in direct conflict with those from somewhere else.

But you have to recognise that every regulation and every regulatory source exists because some participant in the industry has done something terribly unethical and screwed over a slew of people. My personal view is that whenever that happens the company involved should be liquidated. Then you wouldn't need regulations because every company that intends to continue operating needs to have an ethical justification for every decision they make.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JBH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$56.29
Change
-0.960(1.68%)
Mkt cap ! $6.154B
Open High Low Value Volume
$58.24 $58.44 $56.01 $45.46M 800.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1379 $56.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$56.30 391 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$56.18
  Change
-0.960 ( 1.88 %)
Open High Low Volume
$58.21 $58.44 $56.03 47916
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
JBH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.