KEN 0.00% 1.3¢ kuth energy limited

re: News: Kuth receives positive signals from... Hi...

1. 1,912 Posts.
    re: News: Kuth receives positive signals from... Hi Andrix,

Actually I thought it sounded like things are finally starting to move. DMcD's tone in particular sounds very upbeat IMO.

Also article in Vanuatu Daily post:
    http://www.dailypost.vu/content/kuth-expect-international-eia-standard-takara

It has been disappointingly slow, but don't forget the main reason for this was the unforeseen delay caused from the dispute between the energy regulator and utility over tariffs and the wait for the World Bank report to be commissioned and set in train. With the dispute now resolved and the report findings now awaited, hopefully the project has now returned to it's more promising deliverable status.

It appears it's now all eyes on getting the World Bank report, ie:

World bank report -> recommended tariff -> Kuth/UNELCO agreement

I understood DMcD to be saying he hoped to tie this down and lock it all up in next couple of months (?)

In the meantime it appears progress is being made on the following:

Meet landowners -> special land lease agreement

Dept of Environment -> EIS -> complete forms and inspect

Support of both of these groups appears strong according to today's reports.

Any more advanced EIS requirements suggested for the international bank funding and, indeed, the detail of that funding are still unclear, although it appears from the article Kuth are anticipating those requirements. Also still to be revealed is news on any prospective JV partner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.