KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

News: KZA Kazia Therapeutics Announces Completion Of Placement Of 10 Mln New Fully Paid Ordinary..., page-59

1. 183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    qqqqqq, I like your all or nothing attitude (i.e. "yes, if it cures brain cancer"). As we all know, there is no drug that cures GBM or any other cancer in its entirety.

Temozolomide is the only FDA approved drug for newly diagnosed GBM cases (owned by Merck). 35% of GBM patients respond to Temozolomide treatment and this extends overall survival from 15 to 22 months.

65% of patients who do not respond to temozolomide there survival rate is from 12-13 months.

Therefore, for the 35% of GBM patients who DO respond to Temozolomide they basically live from 3 to 11 months longer than those do DO NOT respond to Temozolomide treatment.

Temozolomide in essence earns Merck billions of dollars of revenue and prolongs life by a little bit. This little bit of time is no doubt extremely valuable for those patients undergoing treatment.

GDC-0084 is being developed for the 65% of GBM patients who do not respond to this treatment. It does not have to "cure brain cancer". It just has to show that it slows down progression. I don't think that KZA management has ever stated that its drug will cure cancer.

With 5 clinical trials going on at present, if only ONE indicates that the spread of GBM is curtailed, then KZA's job is done.

If we had only one trial, it would be a 50/50 proposition. With 5 trials currently underway, you can see how chances of success (and I do not measure success as curing GBM, but only slowing down progression) are infinitely increased.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.