BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

We had no A2 IF here in my suburbs, Perth, for 3...

1. 230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    We had no A2 IF here in my suburbs, Perth, for 3 months......last week tins started appearing on the shelves not many.  During that 3 months Bal and other brands started  seling,  only 2 tins of BAL on the shelves today.   So why is there a shortage of IF.  

Canadian dairy giant Saputo and Fonterra have both made it clear they are on the hunt for more milk along with Bega, which now expects to process up to 450 million litres at Koroit in 2018-19.Mr Irvin said it had been a tumultuous past year for the dairy industry and for milk procurement."While we have seen some growth in the total milk supply for Australia ... it still remains highly competitive in terms of acquisition of milk," he said."Commodity volatility does remain, meaning there is price volatility for farmers. It is fair to say that while we were pleased that we did improve price for our suppliers in the year just past, they too have been suffering from costs and they are beginning to feel the genuine challenge of drought."In terms of milk supply, as the year unfolds we will obviously see that farmers will be affected by drought and the cost of inputs."

In 5 years Australians will have to get use to drinking powdered milk. There will be very little or no fresh milk available.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.