LMG 1.85% 5.5¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Hi Cameron, nice to hear from you.I have thought that a binding...

1. 4,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1086
    Hi Cameron, nice to hear from you.

I have thought that a binding MOU was strange right from there start. I did some searching and found some useful insights.

An MOU can just be an agreement between two parties, that outlines conditions, timeframe, responsibilities, corporation, obligations, legal jurisdiction, etc.

Usually an MOU signals a contract is imminent.

Yet also a MOU can be binding depending upon wording and intent of signatures.

Binding or non-binding?

"There is a myriad of case law relating to the enforceability of MOUs, where one party may renege on a commitment or not follow through on the project."

"Precise drafting is essential to achieving the intended outcome of whether an arrangement is binding or not."

"At the time of drawing up the MOU, it is important for the parties to decide whether they wish to be bound by the terms of the MOU. This is a decision that will change from project to project. However, it iscommon practice for an MOU to be part binding and part non-binding."

https://www.pwc.com.au/legal/assets/investing-in-infrastructure/iif-39-memorandum-feb16-3.pdf

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards
    Ken

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $106.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ $27.46K 512.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 63500 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 311699 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.3¢
  Change
0.001 ( 1.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.3¢ 5.5¢ 5.2¢ 156863
Last updated 13.58pm 16/05/2024 ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.