News: LMG Latrobe Magnesium Signs Binding MoU With Société Le Nickel, page-3

1. 4,171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113
    My 2c worth

SLN is the world's leading producer of ferronickel
    . SLN® 25 manufactured by the Doniambo plant

"Doniambo plant"

Doniambo (New Caledonia, west coast):
    "SLN's metallurgical plant, with its high-grade ferronickel production unit."
    "Its location nearby the port of Nouméa gives the plant direct access to ore carriers and cargo vessels."

https://sln.eramet.com/sln/notre-chaine-de-valeurs/nos-produits-nickel/

LMG Announcement
    "The feedstock has nearly twice the Magnesium Oxide (MgO) content as Yallourn brown coal fly ash."
    "The chemistry of the SLN ferro-nickel slag is 33%MgO, 55%SiO and 9%Fe2O3"
    "The feedstock has nearly twice the Magnesium Oxide (MgO) content as Yallourn brown coal fly ash."

Now that is a very good feed stock for LMG!

"In the event SLN do not expand its port facilities, LMG will source additional supply from another ferro-nickel producer. There are some 20 plus ferro-nickel slag producers in the areas of Indonesia or Philippines."

The fact that LMG did not simply develop a supply agreement for ferro nickel slag in Indonesia may be an indicator that Indonesia is not on the cards?

"Latrobe Magnesium is holding discussions with potential joint venture partners who wish to participate in its project."

I did mention New Caledonia in one of my post about 6 months ago but did not think there was sufficient volume. I should have researched further.
    Even though LMG have mentioned further supply potential from Indonesia or the Philippines that does not determine the LMG plant location yet.
    Remember that within the last month LMG was in Malaysia meeting with potential partners also.

"Bechtel will complete the PFS – A study phase by the end of September 2022, which will evaluate strategic options to leverage and develop the 100,000tpa plant and will select between two overseas locations."

Malaysia is not off the table yet.

"The PFS-A study should be finished by the end of September 2022."

Regards

Ken

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $100.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.6¢ 4.4¢ $119.4K 2.637M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 44949 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 284430 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.