LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

the article highlights my point, until charge capacity and...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 212
    We might be reading different articles, I’ll admit a fair amount of my opinion is drawn from a career in armoured corps, intimately working on the planning and conduct of armoured combat operations, so I naturally have a bias from my own experiences, education and training. But as EV tech stands It is not employable in an operational context against a peer adversary in conventional warfare. Heavy transport and armoured fighting vehicles are two completely seperate applications, it’s like comparing use of EV in aircraft versus trucks.

the key issues being a heavy caterpillar can just get switched off end of the day and charge up overnight. AFVs need to be able to operate 24hrs on the go no interruptions. How do they tactically resupply? Forfeit ground to Collapse the position and sit tight for 2 hours while charging? Drive trucks forward with nuclear generators on the back to resupply?

charge duration/recharge time is prohibitive to tactical application of the platform, disruptive EV tech needs to be developed before actual widespread application can be acheived.

there will be concept platforms for 10-20 years but it will not progress past that without over a decade of tech advancement.
    Yes. Non tactical vehicles, so admission that no EV tech is forecast as suitable for tactical application of any Armoured Fighting vehicle (AFV), IFV, ARV, APC or MBT before 2035. Which is inline with my original statement.
    the article highlights my point, until charge capacity and recharge hurdles are overcome there’s a current technological plateau which prohibits true EV AFVs from having functional tactical application. There’s a stark contrast between hybrid and EV, they could and will be in trials into 2030s.

I stand by my claim we will not see widespread adoption of electric AFVs for 10-20 years. But someone raised a good point, military tech advancement is slow… until there is a war.

EV is the future No doubt, ABF LTR is in a fantastic position to grow, but the current status qou relies on oil to project military power.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.970B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $7.836M 6.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39539 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 12600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.