LYC 1.39% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

Amanda has already done better in protecting Lynas IP built up...

1. 776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 353
    Amanda has already done better in protecting Lynas IP built up over the years instead of handing it over when they invited us to build. She is unlike your run of the mill characters and neither is Gina R. The US sees that Lynas is really the only hope for what Amanda herself calls " a Western rare earths champion with critical mass" as quoted in the AFR. What is critical mass then? Something substantive and able to challenge China's dominance. No one is saying we can replace China anytime soon. But, if the west does not have a fully independent and reliable supply chain all the way to magnets and beyond, the west remains dependent on China's whim. Will China withold supply for their own use to flood the world with cheap and subsidized products until they are confident they will never be challenged again? They will achieve technological hegemony this way and the west cannot and will not bear that thought. This is a race for economic and political dominance for China, they know it and the west knows it. Now, restricting China from chips and or chip technology, bringing laws and policies and tariffs to curb China's unfair advantages. A sudden flurry, urgency that wasn't there before. The western complacency has been stripped by the reality of supply chain and geopolitical issues since Covid showed us all up.
    Lynas and the Aussies could do most of this by itself quite easily as Amanda has already demonstrated. Lynas has vast experience and invaluable IP gain the hard way, as we shareholders know all too well. With Japanese technical expertise and backing and US commitment, why would magnets be so difficult. Fully self reliant supply chains. And GR is right there with her.
    Of course, as a nod to 'the other US refinery', the biggest in the US, of course the Yanks want them involved, if for little more than face saving and some other optics. So, MP got the magnets grant and of course, the perfect tie up, a merger. To my mind though, there's no question who will be running things if they are to pull it off. I may be way off mark, this is my speculation based on watching recent moves. Always do your own research.
    My last post from my tiny mobile phone from my sickbed today, I promise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.090(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 $14.95M 2.285M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 $6.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 6919 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.55
  Change
0.090 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 732559
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.