LYC 0.64% $7.72 lynas rare earths limited

I really wish debate on the important issue of what the...

1. RVR
    6,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2367
    I really wish debate on the important issue of what the Government is ACTUALLY DOING could be conducted here without descending into personal abuse.

Here’s what appears to be the current facts from the Ministry, as reported in New Straits Times yesterday afternoon:
    ‘..... The Energy, Science, technology, Environment and Climate Change (MESTECC) Ministry issued a statement to clear the air today, saying the extension given was to make way for the Lynas Advance Materials Plant (LAMP) Operations and Residue Management Evaluation Executive Committee to analyse and assess the company's operations and residue storage facility.

The conditional extension given, it added, was made after taking into account the timeframe needed by the executive committee to conduct thorough scientific studies on all information, reports and views from various quarters involved to prepare its report and suggestions to the Cabinet. "The Cabinet will consider the committee's proposals before making reasonable as well as fair decisions," said the ministry.

It added the executive committee would hold a public hearing in Kuantan on Nov 11 to hear statements from all relevant parties including Lynas Malaysia Sdn Bhd, non-governmental organisations (NGO), government agencies as well as experts in environmental management. "All decisions and assessments by the government will be made in a professional, objective, transparent and susceptible manner," the ministry said.
    Last edited by RVR: 31/10/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.