LYC 0.63% $6.41 lynas rare earths limited

I'm sorry to see a shareholder shaken out of a good stock but I...

1. 421 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    I'm sorry to see a shareholder shaken out of a good stock but I understand. This is so frustrating due to politics in Malaysia. It's an emotional roller coaster simply because real financial damage has been done to shareholders. The damage has been done by the same small group of fanatics who are skilled at manipulating people's emotions with fear. After nearly killing Lynas and injuring shareholders with massive dilution, the LAMP finally came on line. Once the expected startup wrinkles were ironed out, it looked like smooth sailing ahead. Then the election of a new government allows these same fanatics into positions of political power. The bear raid began. Shareholders had their shares loaned out by their brokers to traders who wanted them to sell and drive down price. Shares loose value again, not due to fundamentals but to political risk. Some shareholders sold as they had reached their limits. We nervously waited as things settled down. Then the announcement of a review of Lynas and Lynas alone. The emotion of fear again rose in shareholders, who had already endured so much trauma, when it was announced anti-Lynas fanatics would be on the review committee. The bear raid began again. When it was announced world class experts would occupy the review committee, not anti-Lynas politicians, share price began to recover. But the political games were not over, the anti-Lynas politicians chose to 'interpret' the findings of the review panel experts in a manner that gave them what they wanted. They are not willing to accept the science. The bear raid began again. I understand why shareholders reach their limit, the emotional toll is too much. It's better to sell and get rid of the stress. Many will always be glad they did as they can get back to being happy in their daily lives. IMO, this is part of the strategy of the anti-Lynas politicians. They spread fear as a means to their goals, truth be damned. IMO, Malaysia , like the USA, has its share of insider trading. Corruption is a human failing not limited by geographical region. IMO, holding Lynas is even more frustrating because these fanatics are directly or indirectly involved in the bear raids. I'm not selling, I'm still up big time but I feel the frustration and stress. I considered selling when the election results were announced to lock in very healthy profits. But as I looked at the situation logically and with a long term view, I decided to not only hold but add more. Lynas has tremendous assets in the RE deposits it owns and will continue to grow to meet the increasing demand for rare earths, especially those sourced outside of China. The fear of the LAMP being shut down is gone, ultimately cooler heads prevailed. Now the worse case situation simply takes a bite out of profits. I'm not happy about that but I'm not convinced Lynas will be forced to export all waste. That's what the fanatics want but that's not supported by science nor is in the best interest of the Malaysian people. IMO, worse case is a PDF will be constructed on site, best case is science prevails and Condisoil is approved. After all, that would be in the best interest of both the Malaysian people. Malaysia has already done substantial damage to its image as a home to international companies but cooler heads may still prevail. After all, that would be in the best interest of the Malaysians people.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.41
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $13.34M 2.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13384 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 13471 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.