LYC 0.50% $5.92 lynas rare earths limited

News: LYC UPDATE 1-Malaysia says Lynas' license could be revoked if it fails to comply with curbs, page-17

1. 998 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2252
    The more I think about this the more annoyed I get..

Yes, it was kind of expected, but it's the way it's been done and the way we have been treated the past decade - after they gave us lotsss of incentives to set up shop in Malaysia. And the corruption.. I thought YBY (and the rest of the terrible three) was just a bad apple, but as the uber corrupt YBY goes, another steps in (with YBY and hubbies money in his ear).

I don't even know WHY this is a political thing. WHAT is the reasoning behind all of this?? Yes, easy to point a finger at China, but I don't think that's the whole story (China is a big customer of ours - they NEED our SEG and buys our separated Nd/Pr).

And all these self proclaimed 'greenies'.. jeez.. complaining about LYC while tapping away on the phone, use their a/c, power up their laptop, or hum away in their EV - Hellooooooo!?!?! LYC is THE ONLY environmentally conscious source for critical minerals that goes into their gadgets.

I've been deeply invested in LYC for well over a decade, wouldn't have to work if I didn't want to. But I want to, and I like having a big chunk in LYC as my target remains at $20+

Questions I now have in my mind is:

1. Is it best to produce and sell all we can (i.e. NEXT rate) until deadline, or do we hold back some sales to cover potential delays?

2. How much would it cost, and how long would it take, to set up a new separation plant in, say, Vietnam? I know we are already working on future SX at Kal, but would be good to have large scale facility close to customers - this is something I know we have made plans for already. We have a BILLION $ in our accounts, a VERY supportive Japanese government.. just make it happen.

Milk LAMP for the coming 3 years, but that it.

I'm glad in that AL seems to have had it as well.. AL and team (including shareholders) now have to ponder: just what is the future in a country where you have to legally challenge the government..?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.92
Change
-0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.533B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.95 $5.99 $5.88 $20.30M 3.422M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 186 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.94 999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.