LYC 1.60% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

News: LYC UPDATE 1-Malaysia says Lynas' license could be revoked if it fails to comply with curbs, page-22

1. 7,390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    Very true and I agree. Why do you not think a country has the right to set what ever limits they want? After the horrible experience with Mitsubishi operation for REE ( which I admit had many times higher radiation). For example France is adding to their nuclear power generation. German and England are shutting down Nuclear. Do they have the right to force France to shut down there's? Many on this board have very good reasons for Lynas to continue operations. What they do not get is they have no say in the decisions. Because of that they continue to make bad investment decision.
    I like your idea, but it would not work. Equipment deliveries are already scheduled. You can only put so much manpower in to one place.

There is a great book about what happened on the IBM 360 when IBM tried to increase manpower on the delayed project. It is called "The Mythical Man Month" Bring in new resources just causes more delay. It is why I laughed at AL acceleration statement. There is only 4.5 months till July few people could come up to speed in that time to make any significant contribution. A few extra electricians and pipe fitters may be able to fix a few small bottle necks. At this point management changes will only cause confusion. The only way new management can help is if the current one is clueless and beyond hope.

MMM is about software but it has become a standard for all project management https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month
    Yes Corruption is a problem. This is true for most underdeveloped countries. Which do you think would be best for Lynas Stock holders understand it and work with it? or bitch like crazy about how unfair it is?
    a very popular idea on this board. I think AL has explained many times why it is impractical. How long do you think this will take? What happens to stock price as Lynas writes down the current Lamp and shows red for profits?

What current project shows Lynas could pull anything like this off?
    You are probably correct many on this board have been saying this for many years. So what are you going to do? Bitch about how unfair this is or adjust your investment ideas. Which do you think will help you the most?
    Falling REE prices will be the problem for FY 23. This will not hit till FY 2024.

Read pg. one of Q4 report Lynas saw and average price of 120 USD NV in Q4 for NdPrO. to days price is 90 USD NV and falling. It has seldom been over $100 in the last 7 months.
    just gave you a GA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
-0.100(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.23 $6.24 $6.13 $18.60M 3.011M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 21239 $6.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.16 9771 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.16
  Change
-0.100 ( 1.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.24 $6.24 $6.13 894887
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.