LYC 0.33% $6.07 lynas rare earths limited

i am not suggesting that the F4 could compete in todays wars it...

1. 7,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    i am not suggesting that the F4 could compete in todays wars it cannot. REE makes todays plains easier to design and build. I am just saying that we lived without it before and with time and money we can figure out how to live without it again, Take an all electric motors just the spinoffs from perm magnet design in armatures has cut the in-efficiencies in an all electric motor in half. JMO but if the research that was applied to perm magnet motors was spent on electric motors they would just be a couple of % less efficient than perm magnet motors. Still bigger and heavier than perm magnets. With time and money that two could be reduced.

Take a look at Siemanns wind generators. They still use perm magnets but do things like add an electrically generate field during times of high output. they also supplement with non REE magnets. They have cut their REE usage per mega what substantially. If REE is cut off Hybrid motor designs may be the solution. I do not know what will happen but just like 2010 & 2011 we will figure out alternatives. These alternative scared China so bad they immediately stopped the embargo and lowered prices into the cellar. when prices reached their peek in early 2022, NdPr was, briefly over 1100 RMB WV, China remembered 2011 because they saw the potential of rapidly increasing supply and alternatives and lowered prices to today price just under 400RMB. took 2 years but they like what is happening now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.07
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $5.673B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.09 $6.02 $35.62M 5.828M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 298927 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 30108 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.