LYC 0.26% $7.77 lynas rare earths limited

News: LYC UPDATE 2-Beijing jabs in US-China tech fight with chip material export curbs, page-32

1. 7,664 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    You just do not get it do you. I was comparing the atomic properties because I think There is no relation between what China does with GA and GE. I have tried to make you think more Micro and less Macro which you did in your first post.

As far as prices going back up you are welcome to think what you want but Your ideas are broad. You show nothing realistic to say they will. If you think China embargoing Ga and GE says REE embargo will follow you are totally unaware how different these two markets are and what is driving China.

JMO will we see a partial lifting or maybe a full lifting of GA and GE after China and US talks on this subject. They are just barginning tools before the discussions we will not See a REE price lift for a while.

You like TA and post there with your opinion often. Apply a little TA to this chart and tell me where you think it is going. Note it will not go much lower because we are very close to where China goes red. This has been explained by both Lynas and MP in their CCs. Ask and I will figure out some way to give you the data.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5413/5413509-9cce711c5ebe0cda553805ca269e00da.jpg

Not very good understanding. Author says "Gallium and germanium are just two out of 17 rare earth elements used to achieve the extreme performance and efficiencies needed in modern electric motors, turbines and batteries – as well as consumer electronics such as smartphones". Jamie S, Like many on this board. think they are in the REE group. Nothing could be more wrong. GA automimic # 31 and GE #32 are far removed chemically from REEs #s 57 thru 103 also look at a colored chart. The colors specify groups of elements with similar properties. https://www.amazon.com/Periodic-Laminated-Classroom-Decoration-Educators/dp/B07BDHW1F3/ref=asc_df_B07BDHW1F3?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80264404157546&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583863980144290&psc=1
    I have never heard of Ga and GE being present with any of REEs. This does not say this cannot occur just that it is not common. GA and GE occur with Al and ZN. They are recovered as a secondary process when AL and ZN are smelted.

the very first transistors were made with GE but this was soon replaced with silicon. It was not till high power high speed that GA and Ge started being used. Transistor - Wikipedia

So all the up rampers should take a minute to understand how little REEs and GA and GE have in common. What the political background is that lead to the embargo on them and how this has little to do with what might happen to REEs . REEs prices are currently near break even. China embargoing them would hurt Chinas manufactures as a surplus developed inside China and prices rose. In ROW prices would rise boosting REE output which would be bad for China.

I agree my spelling is horrible. I find it is helpful because many people focuses on that and tells e me a lot about how well they understand technical issues. Thanks for proofreading my document This error has been in the document for over a year I will fix it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.