LYC 0.78% $6.35 lynas rare earths limited

News: Lynas to cut costs , page-39

1. 56,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    The sequence of events was IMO:

1. I was browsing HC last night and I noticed we rec'd a TOU from Lambda stating that GMT's post contained information that was unsubstantiated because lambda could not find any link to the article from the "Australian"that GMT mentioned.

2. I checked GMT's post and noticed that in order for his post to stand all GMT needed was a link to the article, of which I immediately found.

3. I decided than rather to moderate GMT's post for breach of copyright, given it was late on a Saturday night I'd post the link to the article from the Australian so as to keep the discussion free-flowing. This is not the first time I have done this on Hot Copper - I have done this many times. Others have too.

4. I was then asked by bsumisi what the article contained.

5. At first,I was able to access the full article at the time but obviously was unable to fully reply to bsimusu as the "Australian"'s content was for paying subscribers only and it is Hot Copper's policy that full content from sites that require payment to access articles, is a breach of copyright.

6. I tried to access the article again, of which I had previously skipped through, but was unable too.

7. I then replied to bsumisi stating that he may need to subscribe to, or buy the Australian for him/her to access the full article but in the back of mind I thought I'd post something to help him. I remembered something about the cutting of jobs so I mentioned that.

8. I then rec'd a TOU from lambda against me for unsubstantiated information.

9. I thought I'd reply to lambda on the thread as it was becoming obvious their was malice, verging on frivolity from this person.

10. I then replied in full as below:

"I only posted the link to save someone's post from a copyright TOU folks. Reads the paper or subscribe - I don't give a toss about LYC and your TOU has been ignored against me lambda. I have no interest whatsoever in LYC - zip nada. Not interested, but along with many Moderators, we do have to spend our own time attempting to keep the LYC thread on track, so please try to relax so as to enjoy your weekend, so we can also enjoy ours. Thanks."

11. I wake up to find that Lambda then called me corrupt, that a conflict of interest was apparent, that I was helping other posters to short, that he was disgusted with me, and manipulation was evident. Obviously another Moderator suspended him for his ridiculous flame before I even read it.

Please note that Moderators always attempt to help others out - we are volunteers and are also posters, just like you. We try not to moderate posts if we can find a reason not too, especially on the weekend where perhaps we have more time to help out.

Hopefully you can now see what type of process eventuates and what Moderators also have to deal with on a daily basis.

If anyone wants to know more, I'll be happy to discuss this further on-line, although I obviously will not be on-line all day, but I will attempt to reply later on this evening to any queries.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.35
Change
-0.050(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $5.935B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.46 $6.47 $6.34 $19.83M 3.109M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 11865 $6.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.36 3637 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.