MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

re: News: MEC Resources: Update on PEP11 and ... Hi Andyglo,I am...

1. 697 Posts.
    re: News: MEC Resources: Update on PEP11 and ... Hi Andyglo,

I am sitting a bit on the fence with MMR (and GBA) at the moment but i do not entirely agree with your comments.

In the executive summary for the Sydney offshore basin it clearly states......

"In contrast, Arditto (2003) has argued that the central offshore area was well positioned to receive clean, quartz-rich Late Permian sands of the coal measures, but that preservation of reservoir quality relies on early migration of hydrocarbons. This region may be more prospective for hydrocarbon exploration rather than geological storage of CO2 , but these concepts could be strengthened through further basin modelling to constrain timing of migration from potential source rocks."

Combine that with the recent drill results ...

"Included in these discoveries was the identification of reservoir rocks consisting of high porosity tertiary
    sandstones. One such sandstone was interpreted to comprise 40 metres thickness with an average porosity
    of 30%, with considerable thickening updip potential for future exploration"

Correct me if i am wrong but is that not what we are looking for? (at least the combination of HC and high porosity)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.