MLX 2.25% 45.5¢ metals x limited

News: MLX APAC Resources Says Will Continue To Pursue Appointment Of Brett Smith To MLX Board, page-4

1. 870 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 363
    Thanks miningnut. The letter from APAC is completely correct. It asserts that:

"In APAC’s view, the Second Announcement [of MLX] omits important information and incorrectly creates the impression that the resignation of Mr. Jerkovic and the intended resignation of Mr. Newton as announced in the First Announcement [of MLX] were unrelated to MLX receiving the Notices [from APAC] . In particular, the Second Announcement [of MLX] fails to statea) the dates on which the Notices were received by MLX (i.e. before the First Announcement); and(b) that APAC Strategic also requested the removal of Mr. Jerkovic."

I think that appears entirely correct. MLX have tried to give the impression that they were in control of the process, that Mr. Jerkovic resigned of his own free will, and the Peter Newton was moving on anyway at the AGM. That is all false: all timeliness from the MLX announcements was missing. MLX received the section 249D from APAC, then announced the resignation of Mr. Jerkovic, and only then told the market about the section 249D notice, hoping APAC would drop it. Come on - they are from Hong Kong - and as we know, people from Hong Kong don't give up or put up with nonsense replies from those in 'control'.

The non-genuine response from MLX has garnered my support for the 249D notice. Sometimes, some companies need a kick for some change, and in my experience, those who stick with the status quo almost always later regret doing so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.