MRY 0.00% 2.7¢ monteray mining group ltd

News: Monteray Mining receives ASX speeding ticket, page-9

1. 2,672 Posts.
    Layman's terms eh? Haha!

Really high level - they've married two diff technologies that are already out there. There's other tidbits but we'll leave em out for now. First is the roaming part - they use cheaper telcos country to country I think rather than the majors - hence why they should be cheaper. Acme and Tekelec are used by all the majors I think. So when you land in a new country the local telco (usually the biggest most expensive one!) detects you and you can use you're phone. Nothing new there.

Second - I think you can hold a conversation on a phone by using the mobile, landline and wifi networks as they're available - during the one phone call - no need to hang up and restart call. So as you're walking around - you're phone call may use the local mobile network, but if you walk within range of a wifi network during that call - then the phone will switch you to the wifi and disconnect from the mobile network - but your conversation stays live as the switch happens.

The software that achieves that second part is the sexy part to their product. Again theres stuff out there that can achieve this - it's not new functionality - just expensive and labour intensive. Their software gets rid of the labour part - making it much cheaper as a result.

Is that what your techno bable above means? I had to read the patents to figure it all out. Recommend others do the same. Will aid with understanding the set up immensely. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.