MSB 1.55% 95.0¢ mesoblast limited

News: MSB Mesoblast says qtrly loss attributable $9.8 mln, page-65

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3626
    @col69: Hi, I was away as we had a 3 day Memorial Day weekend.
    With regards to the stock price fluctuations, here are my observations:
    1. As with any development stage bio-tech, I am in MESO for the long haul. When I got in around Feb 2016, I knew my horizon for gains and profit-taking would be around 2020 or later, not before. So, haven't sold a share and I don't trade this in and out. I have added on the way.
    2. I will say this for sure: the recent rally was started on the NASDAQ in early Jan 2017, unlike how it merely used to follow the ASX closing price. Then eventually the ASX pulled it down and now the NASDAQ is just back to following the ASX. I can tell you that short interest on the NASDAQ actually went DOWN from the latest report on 05/15/2017. And it went down big. As in 22%+. It is a mere 323,421, which is a tiny number.
    So you may draw your own conclusions as to where the pull down of the sp started, ASX or NASDAQ.

Again, the daily/weekly fluctuations don't interest me. All I care about is the progress, which the company has been making. The funding issue is like any other development stage bio-tech. That does not concern me one bit. I know that an upfront cash deal will fix that. The Kentgrove thing is the safety net. There is no point in belaboring the known funding issue. This company, having come this far, is not gonna simply go away.
    As an example, you probably already know how Seattle Genetics is valued at around $9 billion (and is not profitable). So is Tesla (though not a bio-tech), which is valued at over $56 billion, again with no profits.
    SGYP (Synergy Pharma) had to raise over $675 million, the majority of which was spent for one, yes, just one drug approval by the FDA. So this is a difficult business to be in. And Mesoblast's business is even more difficult compared to regular pharma, as they are working on a paradigm shift that threatens big LOBBYING and big pharma. So one has to understand the overall dynamics.
    Not doing so would be naive.

I could care less if any poster buys or sells MESO/MSB or will be convinced at a later point to buy. Why should I? Each individual should make his/her own decision. So I find it funny when some posters try to convince naysayers.
    I believe you hold the same views as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $1.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
96.5¢ 96.5¢ 94.5¢ $2.433M 2.552M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 72431 94.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 20225 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.