MSB 2.29% $1.07 mesoblast limited

Yankee: "Stem Cell therapies are still unknown to the masses." I...

1. 163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Yankee: "Stem Cell therapies are still unknown to the masses."

I agree generally.

But there is certainly active marketing for clinics spruiking stem cell regenerative therapies in Europe and the US. Particularly Florida for some reason (geriatrics?).

For the general public (and some clinicians) there are mixed messages IMO. Any "new" clinical treatment sold as having amazing potential..."paradigm shifting"...seems to naturally attract detractors and skeptics. As mentioned for Tesla, Apple, etc. That's not a bad thing, particularly for clinical therapeutics. I am all for tire-kicking when the "tire" is going to be injected into you (sometimes literally into your eyeball) for some potential health benefit. And....financials tire kicking if a company needs to source more operating funds to achieve their goals.

I'm not sure whether there is still some "embryonic stem cells" dramas hangover. The general public (and investors...and some clinicians) are not always geniuses at discerning the current state of play regarding stem cell therapies....and where the SC's are sourced.
    Not unusual for new therapies, there have been some shonky operators that can promote general skepticism in a technology. Either from providing therapies incorrectly for a lot of $$ with little proven benefit, making poorly supported efficacy claims, etc. Nothing new there.
    Unfortunately the bad "operators" can often produce more media attention than successful clinical trial advancements (zzzzz...)
    Hopefully the market & the clinicians who will ultimately be recommending & applying these therapies, are better informed.

I would qualify "therapies unknown to the masses" to something like "current status of therapies is poorly understood". Sorry if that's pedantic. If I had my way, the general public would get a "big picture" view of the current state of play of stem cell therapies...by which I mean an understanding in simplified terms whether they actually work or not for various health problems. Hint: They're not getting their information from sitting over tea & reading clinical therapeutic or cell biological journals or stem cell sector "analyst reports".

Apologies if that's also a bit tangential as the current thread(s) roaring along seems mainly about msbs funding and financial status.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.025(2.29%)
Mkt cap ! $1.227B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.10 $1.06 $4.942M 4.613M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 70659 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 43531 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.