MYR 2.61% 78.5¢ myer holdings limited

You need to read a bit more widely. Do you even live in...

1. 10,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    You need to read a bit more widely. Do you even live in Victoria? I have - all my life.

There's been a lot of public comment supporting what I stated. Melbourne had the longest lockdown in the world.

Here's some of what the MYR CEO Mr John King said on 15 or 16 September 2021:

Myer boss blames lockdown uncertainty as dividend stays suspended

Dominic Powell
    By Dominic Powell
    UpdatedSeptember 16, 2021 — 2.40pmfirst published at 10.23am

The head of upmarket retailer Myer has blamed uncertainty over Australia’s ongoing lockdowns for the company’s decision to withhold its dividend for the fourth year in a row, calling on state governments to provide a clearer path to freedom for vaccinated Australians.

John King, Myer’s chief executive, told The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald the company was still intending to resume paying shareholder dividends “when prudent”, but it would hold off for another six months despite posting a $51 million return to profit for the financial year.

Myer CEO John King says the result was achieved despite the lockdowns and store closures.

Myer CEO John King says the result was achieved despite the lockdowns and store closures. Credit:

“The uncertainty caused by these lockdowns hasn’t helped at all,” he said. “With these premiers stepping in and out of lockdowns it doesn’t really give you a clear path at the moment, but our aspiration is as soon as we can [pay dividends] we will.”

Mr King is hoping Melbourne and Sydney will be out of their extended lockdowns by October, and said state governments should follow the lead of other countries such as the UK and give greater freedoms to vaccinated residents.

“There’s got to be a correlation between vaccination and freedoms, and the more people are vaxxed hopefully the safer people will feel,” he said. “As we’ve seen in the UK, they’re getting back on with it so for us, that’s all we can hope for.”

------------------

How quickly some want us to forget!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
78.5¢
Change
0.020(2.61%)
Mkt cap ! $652.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
76.0¢ 79.0¢ 76.0¢ $1.245M 1.599M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 28610 78.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
79.0¢ 46915 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.