NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

News: NCM Newcrest Mining updates on seismic event in region of Cadia operation

1. 190,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2787

April 18 (Reuters) - Newcrest Mining Ltd (NCM)

• Cadia seismic event
    • Newcrest has commenced an investigation into event, supported by several independent parties.
    • Cadia is not expected to meet its production guidance for 2017 financial year
    • at approximately 2.30am on friday 14 april 2017 a large seismic event occurred in region of Cadia operation
    • Too early to be definitive about impact on group's production guidance for 2017 financial year
    • no injuries were sustained ; all personnel working in cadia east underground mine moved to refuge chambers or safe areas
    • mining operations temporarily suspended
    • Preliminary assessment is that seismic event is not anticipated to significantly impact cadia's production beyond 2017 fy
    • all people were safely transferred to surface and mining operations temporarily suspended.
    • "rehabilitation work has commenced."
    • initial assessment of ground support within panel cave 2 ("pc2") extraction level and crusher chambers is that level of damage appears to be minimal
    • surface operations were not adversely affected and have continued uninterrupted
    • PC1 appears to have sustained some damage to access ways
    • Mine is currently subject to a prohibition notice from new south wales mining inspectorate

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.