NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Thanks Supertramp,Thats a great link. I've just spent the past 2...

1. 609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Thanks Supertramp,

Thats a great link. I've just spent the past 2 hours soaking up the Low Earth Orbit imagry industry. Groups like Skybox and Planet are amazing and definitely help define the advantages and limitations of aerial technologies such as NEA.

These satelite based geopspatial groups put themselves into 2 basic groups: pixals (pictures) or intel (vertical knowledge/analysis). And the key takeaway is that real-time high res (sub 1m/pixel) analytical capability is the real monetizer.

We have that in NEA. They can get to sub 10cm resolution but only on a monthly basis. These sat groups can/will get 4-6 images/day at a 90cm (best res) basis. The real problem for those sat guys is that its now another quantum leap...maybe physically impossible to get even sub 25cm res...in order to upset NEA's SME market.

And thats what we are really talking about here. Nea will never compete in the sat market of google et al despite ever increasing resolution. NEA is high res, low cost, local data and trying to vertically stack it as many ways as possible to corner the local markets.

As NEA takes hold, improves its intel/analytic verticals it will do very well; in its localised markets.

Cheers

So this helps us understand the

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.