NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

News: nearmap mapping out expansion plans , page-19

1. MJS
    2,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    ##So the only advantage nea has is the quality of their resolution##

Let's face it. NEA isn't trying to compete with google images or any service like that as they currently exist. They wouldn't bother and who would pay. However a few other points:

* Satellites can't image through clouds.
    * For the quality and nature of shot NEA does you actually need multiple pics from slightly different position taken at pretty much the same / similar time (ie. remove weather condition variance). Satellite won't achieve this.
    * If conditions and business warrants it NEA has flexibility with what they photo and when.
    * I'd think, or hope, that NEA will stay up with and on top of the technology curve. They are all about quality pictures. If there ever becomes a cheaper way of obtaining the same pictures I'd imagine NEA as part of their business practices would adopt.

I'd also encourage any current or potential investor to read the US patent listing. The NEA ASX announcement re the US patent has the patent number, and google search will easily bring it up. Some interesting parts and for me was educational.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.