NOR 2.08% 4.7¢ norwood systems limited

News: NOR Norwood Systems says Amit Pau appointed Chairman, page-264

1. 2,430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 474
    Thanks for that Webbj, you won't be surprised when I say I am not surprised by that LOL.

I have theory that some people in decision making roles only look at the bottom line because that is all they have the capacity to do - they cannot value the intangible.

Cars, phones, tablets, iPads and laptops are classic examples - the cost is measurable but the benefits are impossible to measure - so some pesky propeller head runs the numbers and convinces some decision maker bunkered down in his personal orifice that we can save $X00,000 by getting rid of supposed 'perks'. Never mind the productivity we will lose by pissing off the staff - they will come around eventually to the disbenefit of their own health and ultimately the complany.

Phones the current fad - depends if NOR has the right tech at the right time as you have oft said.

I am sure once businesses are satisfied that they can install appropriate security on a persons laptop they will phase issuance of them out too.

Just yesterday as it turns out I was walking from Wynyard to World Square in Sydney when I noticed a rather flash looking shop - thought it might have been a Telstra shop but not sure as I was too preoccupied with the two young pedestrians that were walking in front of me and who entered the shop. Then I looked across the road at the 3 story glass fronted Apple Store on George St and thought wow - everybody who goes past can see at any time how damn busy that joint is all the time. Almost like mice in a cage.

I thought to myself how much different it might be if Apple was a typical employer and didn't spend the $$ on flash premises and its brand solidarity. They understand the benefits of the intangible.

However NOR is looking for those who DON'T get it perhaps - those who want to squeeze the margin by stripping the perk of a phone from an employee.

Who knows

Always in for a punt - not buying any more but not intending to sell either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $22.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ $15.53K 340.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 163888 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.17pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.