OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

While not a great deal was made of the comment in the...

1. 8,074 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    While not a great deal was made of the comment in the announcement yesterday I think there is a positive that could be formed about this comment on the Didipio situation :
    "The Didipio mine remained suspended during the quarter due to ongoing restraints placed on the operations
    by local government units and anti-mining blockade of the access road. The Company has
    maintained Didipio in a state of operational readiness for rapid re-start on the expectation that a resumption of
    normal operations could be achieved in 2020, either through lifting of restrictions imposed on access, or
    completion of a renewal of the Financial or Technical Assistance Agreement (FTAA). In the second quarter, a
    working team created by the President completed a review of the FTAA renewal which included engagement
    with the Company before re-endorsing the renewal to the Office of the President where it remains for a
    decision.
    The Company is unable to provide timing on when a decision will be made, however by mid-October
    the Company is required to decide on the on-going status of the Didipio workforce as temporary lay-offs
    commenced in mid-April. "
    Now I have highlighted that section in yellow because I think that contains some very positive comment about Didipio. First point is that a working team was set up by President Duterte to review the application for the FTAA. Second point is that after a review which included discussions with OGC the working team then re-endorsed the application for renewal. In my opinion it is just a matter of time. Duterte or the process cannot continue to stall forever when the review has made a positive recommendation.. The green light ought to be given on the basis of that report. Once the FTAA has been approved then the weight of the unfair Didipio cloud over OGC will be lifted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.