OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Apologies in advance to those that have already seen this. The...

1. 64 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Apologies in advance to those that have already seen this.  The video is 6 months old - just after they announced the audit - but I just saw it and it shocked me.  I thought I better pass it on for any that haven't seen Gina in action.  

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/07/16/16/shape-up-or-go-home-lopez-tells-chinese-miners

She obviously has Duterte's strong backing - refer sergsadag's recent post - and seems confident that his support extends so far as to grant her a license to be completely unprofessional and act like a bimbo while representing the government.  Copperroad, you're right, ordinarily it would be hard for a President to defend her actions.

Thing is though, that domestically they will love her - pretty, straight talking, sticking it up the Chinese and standing up for the peasant's environment while appealing to the Filipino's love of melodrama in her delivery.   

I was thinking for a minute that maybe with all the current global political madness, this is the new normal ?

More likely imo, her rhetoric and the recent closures are part of a planned strategy to demonstrate who's boss when it comes to negotiating the conditions on re-opening - perhaps Duterte thinks the $852m in royalties could be increased as well as being seen by the masses to be cleaning up the environment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.