QBE 1.71% $16.05 qbe insurance group limited

news on qbe?, page-43

1. 1,566 Posts.
    This stock was grossly undervalued at times through the last portion of 2011 and into early 2012 and is moving because many see the enormous leverage QBE has to the USD, economic activity in the US, it's overall spread of risk worldwide, and the tremendous ability this company has of racking in premium income, and if interest rates continue to have a tightening bias, QBE's ability to earn on it's float is huge because of the enormous pool of cash it has and this is before even looking at it's underwriting profit. It's underwriting profit this year has the potential to surprise on the upside, too, make no mistake. QBE is like a giant motor that in recent years has not been firing on all cylinders, but is still a very powerful motor nonetheless. Unlike most businesses, with QBE, it is all about LEVERAGE, they have plenty of it and when it fires it will fire big time. Warren Buffett did not invest in insurance for no reason, he followed the money and he made his first big fortune through insurance investments. If people want to stag their SPP let them, who gives a rat's? It will not make one bit of difference to the overall trend and not everyone will be selling, I won't be. runningman37 made a very good point, volumes right now are huge you don't fight the tape on the upside or on the downside. Just my observations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.05
Change
-0.280(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $24.11B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.70 $16.11 $15.49 $161.0M 10.14M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1821 $16.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.05 4664 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.