AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Don't want to be a downer but the political stability is still...

1. 1,021 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1165
    Don't want to be a downer but the political stability is still an issue. I imagine some here must be following the continuing power struggle between Kabilas faction and FT, which has seen clashes inside the DRC parliament on several occasions this week.

Its not all doom and gloom of a tree wallaby nature, FT is making a move to try and end Kabilas majority in the Parliament which has been essentially blocking FT from implementing his agenda. If this works it'll be good for us, however there is going to be a fair amount of push back if FT manages to break up the governing coalition with Kabilas party who currently dominate parliament. So id just be a bit wary if anyone tells you DRCs political environment is currently stable, but my hope is that this tricky period is necessary to really sideline Kabilas faction and begin a new era in which AVZ can flourish and also provide some much needed support to the local community in the Manono region.

Just one for investors to keep in mind, as beyond the potential for some political instability in the near term there is also a possibility that new elections will be needed, which could potentially push back some of the dealings with government. However one shining light is that if FT can get a parliamentary majority he can finally push through cabinet picks without them being blocked by his opponents - this could be a positive outcome for AVZ not only regarding the SEZ dealings, but also if it can help strip some of his predecessors influence from the government's mining and resources bodies.

Anyway some food for thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.