AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

kongg...that is pretty much a given...seeing how there is a...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    kongg...that is pretty much a given...seeing how there is a 'new' lithium producer or miner starting up every week now. By the time lithium battery technology gets sorted out over the next few years I would say you will have 10 times as many 'so-called lithium companies' as we have now. The reality of that, is not that Orocobre is necessarily taking the right direction...or the wrong direction, it's that the stock market will be so diluted with public companies claiming to be lithium producers that the public will have a problem telling the good ones from the bad ones. The unfortunate result of that, is companies that deserve public support and investment will not get enough support because investment capital will be spread so thin over the various companies that never get up to speed the public will be unwilling to support any lithium companies that aren't part of the gold standard (whatever that eventually entails). I don't believe the investing public has the appetite for being burned and bamboozled like they were during the 'dot.com' boom and bust cycle which this is turning into quickly. Personally, I am looking beyond lithium producers at this point..to lithium electrolyte manufacturers. Eventually the public will become aware of the 'lithium battery business', much like they became aware of the dot.com companies like WebVan that raised close to a billion dollars for a grocery delivery business, only to fail dramatically. When people asked themselves why would I want my groceries delivered? I would rather go to the grocery store and feel the fruit. People will ask themselves why would I invest in a lithium mine....I'll just buy a Tesla. Maybe not the clearest analogy...but the point being...the allure of lithium miners getting rich on the battery business will fade just like WebVan faded into the grocery business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.