ORG 0.21% $9.64 origin energy limited

Spec_hope and Christos12 if you bought at higher prices, I feel...

1. 121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Spec_hope and Christos12 if you bought at higher prices, I feel your pain but I won't cover your losses - your decision to buy and shareholders can hire and fire the BOD. The fact that shareholders are as BG said "the most docile and apathetic animals in captivity" is also a choice y'all make.

If you like atliassan go buy the stock, I can't tell if it's cheap or expensive but I understand ORG as I work in the industry.

Nor does anyone here give investment advice.

I am always beating the same drum, how much of the declines in share-price represent real loss of capital and how much is quotational loss. If you buy a company at a high price and sell at a low price you are compounding management failure with your own mistakes.

Today the shareprice is factoring government intervention to build new generation to keep electricity prices low, as I have posted elsewhere that's a possible outcome as they are dumb enough. I would say they have been lobbied by the industries which have recently suffered from high gas and electricity prices, these prices were themselves the specific aim of three side by side LNG export facilities as ew1 has shown on Curtis Island.

If the government caves and doesn't build a new powerstation, that's also possible with prices at $20/MWh they may listen to AEMO who are advising them that there isn't actually a shortage. That would be a windfall profit for ORG shareholders at this price - if I were a gambling man I would say that's what will happen.

Or the government may build a white elephant power station that never gets used.

Y'all should own your decisions the good with the bad and then make a call based on today's price and an assessment of the outlook on what to do buy hold or sell.
    Croasian logged out, maybe next year and GLTA - time in the market rather than timing is the way forward. I am wasting time without learning here.

Just more emotional mistakes - retail investors turning their fundamental advantages of patience and ability to ignore or take advantage of crazy swings in market price into disadvantages as they boldly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Then sit around bleating about how it's someone else's fault.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.64
Change
0.020(0.21%)
Mkt cap ! $16.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.62 $9.66 $9.58 $19.13M 1.987M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 12887 $9.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.65 15283 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$9.64
  Change
0.020 ( 0.27 %)
Open High Low Volume
$9.60 $9.66 $9.59 630721
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.