LYC 1.08% $7.52 lynas rare earths limited

news out, page-38

1. 234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Ausheds,

I doubt that any playing will be done in LAMP with recoveries until people see how and what needs to be done in the SX circuits. The concentration of metals in solution will be very important to the throughput of the SX circuit as ,generally, SX circuits will reach hydrostatic limit before they reach metal carrying limit.

What that means is they'll often become flow limited before the ability to effectively extract metals ceases if the metal concentration of the feed is too low.

There are many different things that can be done to improve the recovery and throughput of plants. They will know and try all of these things but, first of all, they'll want to get it filled and running.

Recovery is the real area of improvement in most processing facilities. If LYC can improve the recovery at MT WELD and hold Con Grade, then the sums will look way, way better. There will be more money to be made at MT Weld in recovery - that forces LAMP to improve incrementally to cope with the added concentrate feed.

It's a long story but a common one with processing plants. They will learn and improve and I have no doubt we're on a winner - if we make a profit on a low price cycle then things look great during high demand/price cycles.

And don't forget that sometimes demand will often meet supply if supply can be guaranteed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.