PEK 0.00% 22.0¢ peak rare earths limited

re: News: Peak Resources to commence further ... And to add to...

1. sjl
    1,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    re: News: Peak Resources to commence further ... And to add to tretch's comments: the company has an obligation to shareholders to work towards building up a mine. Part of that is determining exactly what is in the ground (we know in broad terms, but it's only really proven up in one region) and how it's going to be extracted and refined; once we have a good idea how all of that is going to happen, the company can start planning out how the mine is going to be built.

Can't do that determination without drilling.

I'm looking forward to the results of the northern zone JORC estimates; they should be a massive gem.

Now, if you're going to say that there's a limit to how much drilling PEK should do, I'd absolutely agree. They haven't reached that point yet, though; not with a likely early revenue source (phosphate, niobium, tantalum) in the northern zone waiting to be proven. Once the northern zone is proven up, my guess would be that the company would start constructing a mine in that region to get the all-important cashflow going, and then use those funds to get operations going in the other areas.

One thing at a time, and I think the company's on the right course in terms of the technical aspects. Financial is a bit shakier (reference other threads about capital raisings and the like), but I have absolutely no doubt that the board is working on improving the situation there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $58.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.5¢ 22.0¢ $20.09K 91.03K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 95403 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 24158 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.