PEK 4.76% 20.0¢ peak rare earths limited

News: PEK Shenghe Resources to buy 19.9% of Australia's Peak Rare Earths, page-156

1. 450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    "Shenghe Resources is best known for helping bankroll the return to production of the only operating rare earths mine in the United States, Mountain Pass."

that quote has me thinking glass half full - and, why didn't the yanks bankroll mountain pass?

come to think of it, why hasn't a western entity taken a stake in PEK? - sovereign risk? - it's been pretty clear what PEK has in the ground since the BFS in 2017 - if you're in the mining/investment industry, how could you not know? REE has been soaring in price, we are sitting on one of, if not the biggest undeveloped rare earth plays in the world, other miners have been granted licences & the prez has publicly stated for the project to go ahead, yet here we are with a chinese company stumping up the $$ for a stake - hopefully, to have their investment turn into what we all want

having said that, what does one make of the UK & teesside along with it's implications - plenty of others here have given possible reasons for shenghe's position - time will tell

be interesting to know if appian shopped around or if shenghe approached them - not sure what to make of peak not being involved in the transaction, although PEK didn't say they were not informed - hence, i'm guessing their description of the transaction as being at shareholder level

does shenghe have a history of takeovers?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.010(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $53.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 20.0¢ $11.4K 55.82K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 167499 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 5886 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.