PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Hi MickemI can't disagree with most of what you say here (and...

1. 425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 454

Hi Mickem

I can't disagree with most of what you say here (and most times, thanks for all your work) but your comment on how to avoid being diluted doesn't work.

To take up your full allocation of shares at 7.08% (dilution percentage at 40M new shares) you would need to hold around 850,000 shares.

So, lets say I have 850,000 shares worth $484,500 at toda'ys SP and take up my full 60K allocation.
    After the new shares have been allocated, my original 850,000 shares would be worth 7.08% less than pre CR or $450,197.4. This is simply due to the fact that you now own a small percentage of the same pie. Regardless of what the market values the company at in the future, you now own 7.08% less of that company. That's what dilution is.

Buying new shares does nothing to diminish the dilution of you former holding. You have just spent $30,000 to bring you up to your previous position in percentage terms. You have spent $30,000 simply to maintain the percentage of your holding in the company, or if you like, to maintain the value of you pre-CR holding

End results are either 1: Do nothing and lose $34,302.60. 2: Take up your allocation to maintain your previous position at a cost (or loss if you like) of $30,000. You hold the same percentage of the company and it has cost you $30K to do so.

These numbers say nothing about what the company may be worth after the funds are used and they say nothing that will help you make your $30,000 investment decision. They simply reflect the dilution effect, in cash terms, at today's market price. If the funds are well used and we get a great return on the equity, the value of the company may, say, double. That does not, and never can, undo the dilution of your original holding. It does mean however, that you have made a very good investment. Your $30K is now worth $60K, and this is what people must look at when they are deciding whether to take up their allocation. Can I either 1:make a quick buck by buying below market price and selling at market? or 2: make money on my investment by holding because I believe that the funds will be well used and add value to the company? You are deciding whether to invest, not trying to undo the effects of your very real and very permanent dilution.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.