PTM 0.41% $1.21 platinum asset management limited

News: PTM Platinum Asset Management Says As At Jan-End, Funds Under Management Was A$18,655 Million, page-4

1. 1,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2109
    Financially, I am doing OK @brrrattt

The main point of most of my posts, is to PASS ON TO YOUNGER READERS the industries, strategies, the positions, the outlook and time lines that may HELP THEM to achieve their financial goals.

I am not advising anyone to do anything, I merely retell some of my own trading experiences and positions, my learnings and my failures that have taught me over the decades to be a smarter investor (I do not claim to be a smart investor).

As a value and contrarian investor, most of the time, I am shouted down by the "none" and "not held" mob that love to hate, suffer from envy, schadenfreude and other forms of victimhood. I am no angel, but I try to pass on what people CAN DO not what they cant.

I believe a lot of younger readers learn something from many of my posts, even if they don't agree with my reasoning or don't yet have my resources. That's OK. That's what learning is all about - doing what is right for you and in your circumstances after looking and considering what others may have done.

I have a fairly significant number of followers, who, though I know none of them, I respect highly. So I post honestly, and personally and on threads I am an owner of the stock. If i have made money or lost money, most of my followers know it and I feel it it is my obligation to say it, so they can judge for themselves what positions worked or failed for me, and how I dealt with them.

Regrettably, I never had a mentor, my lesson are self taught and I spend well over 40 hours a week learning all I can about as many things as I can. I always have, because I am wired that way. I know many find me a pain in the bum, but hey, I don't pay their bills and they won't pay mine, so I really didn't ever care about other people's opinions.

Naysayers on HC are pretty worthless contributors to the wider HC community.

You read my posts as self absorbed and maybe that's they way they come across. I write them as lesson plans. Reminding myself of my successes and failures but more importantly trying to pass on my process/thoughts on my real life monetary gains and losses. To avoid the noise, have a high conviction and a long time frame and be prepared to lose money in order to learn no one knows it all.

I want to help people, but I am not a trained teacher. I could walk away from this site in a heart beat and continue what I do for my own benefit and that of my heirs. But that is not me.

I strongly suggest you and anyone who reads this and dislikes my sentiment. Please put me on ignore. You won't miss my consistent themes and I certainly don't learn much from those who don't appreciate or understand my purpose.

In relation to PTM, I am becoming increasingly bullish with their investment thesis. I hold PMC and PAI which are soon to be issued bonus options. A couple of posters here, poo poo this LIC capital management approach. I don't share their view. What I see is increasing the manager FUM, offering opportunity to SH to close an NTA gap and make some money. Maybe a win/win pisses the naysayers off.

In 2023, I believe PTM will finally launch their Carbon Neutral Fund. I have no idea if it will succeed, but it was smart to put it off for a year when active managers were on the nose. The recent outperformance of most PTM funds presents a more likely backdrop to a new fund. And of course, more FUM, more fees, restoration of profits and a higher share price.

That's just my view.

GLTASH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.